Dave and I spent a week up north to be in nature, see some colors, and generally relax. In the list below, can you spot the 2 things we DIDN’T do to make our vacation a success?
- Locate vacuum cleaner immediately upon arrival and vacuum entire cottage.
- Replace fluorescent bulbs with LEDs purchased at hardware store in town.
- Sweep front steps and walk, though no one’s coming over we hope.
- Rearrange living room furniture. Twice.
- Outfit the dog for woodsy hikes in bright orange hunting vest, bright orange hunting collar, and blinking light for collar, then mostly walk on the beach.
- Purchase a sled.
- Consider purchasing a 1000-piece Jesus puzzle but ultimately decide on a pack of cards.
- Nestle in front of the fire with dog curled adorably in shower stall.
- Plan and cook meals that make best use of the available pots and pans.
- Confess ourselves genuinely surprised by Tennessee Williams and Gypsy Rose Lee.
The first correct guesser gets a jar of Cherry Republic cherry jelly — because Donna says it’s better than jam.